Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weeks 6, 7 and 8

These were the weeks we thought Reese really started to develop, change and fill out. She started to smile more, her face filled out (as well as her belly) and she was even staying awake longer throughout the day and was more alert. She slept 6 hours a few times during the night, but mostly slept 4-5 hour increments at night...which wasn't too bad. Ty and I still alternated feedings, since both of us weren't back to work fulltime yet. Her eyelashes were even growing and seemed to double in length...as well as her fingernails which we had to trim a few times. Unfortunately she started to get an umbilical hernia as well. I guess it's common among infants, but hers steadily grew over these weeks. Hopefully it has stopped growing for now. The Dr said it may go back in over time, but if not then she will have surgery at age 1 or 2. We will see.

WEEK 6
We visited my work this week and the Nagars visited on Saturday.


WEEK 7
Went to Montoya's for the first time with my dad, Ty and Reese and she slept the whole time (nice). We also saw the Stamms there. I started working out again this week - Steph came to my house a couple times and met both parents and Gram, as they were watching Reese while I trained.  We also went to Ty's new office to check it out for the first time and Sarah M. and Evie, as well as the Stamms came over to visit as well. Ty and I also went out to eat Sat. night at our fav restaurant, Nicola's, while my parents watched Reese. This was a busy week!

Looks different even from last week!

Daddy started playing the piano again and Reese loves to listen. Sometimes she even falls asleep in his lap.

early smile :)

Evie's Visit 3/10/11

Onesie Uncle Joe bought in Vegas on his honeymoon (when Reese was just 8 weeks in utero)

We had a few nice days and enjoyed them in the stroller!


WEEK 8
This was my last week before starting back to work so Peggy (our sitter) came over a few times to learn Reese's routine. Aunt Bonnie and Karen visited too, for the first time, and brought Reese some sweet rain boots that will fit when she's older. 
UK also was playing in the tournament, so Reese rocked my old onesie which my parents bought before I was born (30 yrs ago). It fits her well at this age, but I was a big baby and grew out of it after only a few weeks, ha. It didn't get much use. 
We also went to Nancy's for a St. Patty's Day party Thurs. night. Reese was very fussy there for some reason..more than usual, but Aunt Jen was able to calm her down in her Woombie. This week we also started doing a little tummy time, but it's still hard for her to pick her head up. She enjoys laying on her back on the mat more. 







(Sorry for the sideways pics, I'm still figuring that out)





No comments:

Post a Comment